From one friend to another...

I will do this from both my work computer and my home computer -

Got this from Jessie over at Jessie To The Lo, who I have been friends with for years and years and grew up with in Somers, WI.

· go to your documents

· go to your picture

· go to your 6th file

· go to your 6th Album

· go to your 6th picture.

o no changes here… sorry

· blog about it

o …or here either

· Tag 6 friends to do the same.

o I have opted not to do this step.


Here's my photo from my work computer -




The gal above is my sister from the same mother. Her parents have adopted me and call me their favorite daughter. She is one of my oldest and dearest friends in the entire world. Born Kate Elizabeth, but renamed in the 10th grade to Katherine Anne. (I started calling her that one day when I decided that Kate had to be short for SOMETHING and thought Elizabeth was too long of a middle name)

She is the friend who makes me laugh when I don't think I'll ever laugh again. She's been a rock in my foundation and a soft shoulder to land on when I needed shelter.

She's seen all that is beautiful about me as well as all that is ugly. She's saved me from myself more than once, yet has always let me make the mistakes I needed to make.

When I think of Kate, I think of driving home in the middle of the night after watching the Blair Witch Project at the theater - it's dark and foggy and living in the county meant taking back roads home. About a mile from my house is a road that is surrounded on all sides by fields as far as you can see. Turning on to this road, we see a woman standing on the side of the road with a walking stick. Scared the bejezus out of both of us. I started crying and she started laughing.

A few years later, I sang my own Ricky Martin song renditions at the top of my lungs while driving down Hwy 50 in Kenosha (a very busy road) only to realize about 1/2 way through "I'm an enchilada, coming through your window" that my windows were in fact down and we were stopped at a red light. I was serenading the entire intersection. I still laugh out loud when I think of that night.

When my grandpa died and I locked myself in the house for a week, she was the one who came over and sat at my kitchen table, not saying a thing until I was ready to talk.


Kate is kind and thoughtful. Two of my most favorite attributes. She's beautiful and smart. And loyal as a friend can be.

Using one of her favorite words: I’m “ubber” blessed to have a fun friend like her.



Comments

Anonymous said…
I just laughed so hard my eyes started to water. I totally forgot about the enchilada underneath your window. LMAO. Love it. Love you too! Ya know even if my parents like you more. :)

-me
calicobebop said…
That's so sweet! You're very lucky!

Popular Posts