Wednesday, December 31, 2008
There are people in your life who've come and gone
They let you down and hurt your pride
Better put it all behind you; life goes on
You keep carrin' that anger, it'll eat you inside
I heard Don Henley's "Heart of the Matter" on my iPod the other day and this song just spoke to me regarding a friendship that went horribly wrong. There is so much that could be said, but if I keep carrying that anger, it will eat me up inside.
2008 has been one of the hardest of my life, but is by far the best. My relationships with friends, family and Greg have been tested, proven and strengthened.
I love each and every one of you. Thank you for your support, your love, your friendship. You are the rocks of my foundation and without you, there is a hole in my life.
With more love than can be written in words, a very happy new year to you all. I look forward to experiencing it with you.
To another year of friendship and love,
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Did You Know? - Christmas was wonderful. Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure.
Mau loves Christmas - can't you tell?
Stella loves the tape -
Max loves the bows and Greg loves his Shop Vac
Leetle blurry, but cute!
Better. I got that vest that morning from Greg's mom and wore it all day.
Did You Know? - You can follow my blog? Look over there ---->
See where it says "Follow This Blog"? Click on that. Follow me. Show me the love. :) I'll bake you cookies. Or I'll buy them from the store and put them on a fancy plate and ACT like I baked you cookies. Either way, you win.
Did You Know? - I've run out of things to post today.
DON'T FORGET -Check this out.
As Kate would say - K.Thx.Bye.
A very Happy New Year to you and yours!
What I Have Learned in 2008
• Speak from your heart and not your mind.
• Change isn’t always bad and can be welcome. You may not like it at first, but you will appreciate it later.
• In the end, it’s between you and God, not you and them.
• Karma is real. You get back what you put out.
• Just because you’re a communications major, in touch with your emotions and can communicate effectively does not mean you actually do this in real life.
• Love is not always easy. But it’s worth it.
• People do not change. We become reflections of who we are at our core, but we remain the same.
• Never treat the one you love the most the worst. It makes no sense.
• Being friends with someone because it is convenient is not really convenient. Being friends with someone because it’s easy really is easy. And worth it.
• Just because you give someone love and friendship does not mean that they own that love or friendship. Think of it as love on loan. You must remember that it can be taken from you at any time.
• Not everyone is a decent, loving, kind and good person; though most people are.
• Not everyone can be trusted. It does not mean that you shouldn’t trust.
• Sometimes the people you think are only kind of friends turn out to be the best kind of friend.
• Don’t invite people to parties if you don’t want them there. They will always show up. Maybe it’s just to spite you, maybe it’s because they are nosy and want to know what’s going on.
On Buying and Owning a Home:
• Buying a house IS indeed one of the hardest things you'll ever do as a young adult. It's also one of the most rewarding, frustrating and eye-opening experiences of my life.
• Your huge closet will not stay full once you buy a home. You will learn to wear the same shirt next season. And the season after that.
Above all: Keep it classy.
Monday, December 29, 2008
Much to update about - I promise an update soon - possibly today, tomorrow at the latest.
Thank you for hanging in there while I fell off the face of the earth. I'm back! Safe and sound and ready to go.
I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday! What are your New Years plans?