Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Flutterby?



So... the past few days, I've felt this weird feeling in my tummy.

Now, when you're pregnant, your entire body changes and does things it's never done before, so I thought maybe this was just my stomach being upset or gas or something weird like that. But it happens at the strangest times. And on a fully belly and empty stomach.

So I mentioned it to my best friend and she asked if it felt like butterflies.

Me: YES! That's exactly what it feels like. Like something is fluttering in my...

oh... wait...

Is that the baby?

(insert slow creeping smile that took over my face)

So... I can now feel the baby move. :)

It's pretty amazing. And strange. And amazing.


I honestly thought it was WAY too early. But after talking to a few of my friends and co-workers, it sounds like it's the real deal.


How cool is that?


Today is officially 14 weeks. The baby is the size of a lemon today. :) Feels more like a cantaloupe. :0)


That's a pretty big lemon, don't you think?



1 comment:

Rachael said...

Ohmygosh that's awesome! I'm totally jealous because people have been asking me for two weeks, and still... nothing. Not yet anyway ;)