And so this is Christmas...

"So this is Christmas,
and what have you done?
Another year over,
and a new one just begun."
~ John Lennon "Happy Christmas"


And so this is Christmas... and what have I done? I've learned that asking for help and relying on someone else does not make you weak, rather it makes you stronger. I've learned how important it is to dot your i's and cross your t's. I've learned to be open and put myself out there, to show my weaknesses. I've learned to embrace my flaws and make the best of what I have, because when you think you have it all, you have nothing. When you think you have nothing, you have it all.

I've learned to pray again, to rely on my faith in God, human kindness and Love. I've learned that family is not always something you are born into, but rather the people that stay when the going gets tough.

I've learned to be kinder than necessary, to find the joy in my heart, even on the blackest of days. To find laughter in the despair and dark skies.

And so this is Christmas... and what have I done? By falling down, struggling and fighting back, I have rediscovered the TRUE meaning of Christmas. Of Family. Of Love, Life and Happiness.

I have rediscovered myself and have found inner strength, peace and confidence. I've found sincerity, kindness and thoughtlessness.

I am blessed beyond measure and would like to thank each and every one of you for sticking in with me these past few months as I struggled through life. I have an amazing group of friends and family who have surrounded me with love, strength and strong shoulders to carry me through. I am blessed.

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!


Comments

calicobebop said…
Wonderful post! I'm sorry I didn't get to it earlier but Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Here's to a great one!

Popular Posts